Monday, December 12, 2011

my weekend project(s)

Happy Monday!  As happy as a Monday gets, anyway.  The closer it gets to Christmas, the more I dread the weeks flying by so quickly.  Totally the opposite of when we were kids, right?

Anyway, I thought I'd pop in and show you part of a new crochet hat pattern I'm working on:


It'll be a zig-zag hat, but the bottom part will be flat.  I haven't seen too many of these hats floating around, so hopefully everyone will be able to get some use out of it!

I actually started making a second one last night and already modified a few things in my pattern, so we'll see how long it takes until "total perfection" - but I'd love to get it up before Christmas.  It's going to be a paid pattern, probably somewhere in the $3-$4 range, and I might add some ear flaps.  We'll see where this whacky world takes me!

So here's a fun story that'll induce nightmares to all knitters... I finished the second in a pair of gloves yesterday, only to discover I must have dropped a couple stitches somewhere in the pinky.  Needless to say, as I was trying to fix it, the entire pinky became unraveled... then eventually the left side of the glove became unraveled... I started to get really frustrated and Hubby wanted to kill me.

Eventually I just wove a piece of yarn through one of the rows just above the thumb gusset and ripped everything back.  We're in good shape again, but now I'm behind.  I really thought I'd be able to get those done and shipped out by this morning.  Crap.  So you can see why I needed to crochet a few hats.  I needed to feel productive.

Have a super-dee-dooper fun week, everyone!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...