Friday, October 5, 2012

finished: custom crochet mother/daughter slouch beanies

Hello, Friday.  I've missed you a lot this week.  Please come again soon.

As we move on toward the weekend, I want to show you some photos of a mother/daughter(s) hat set I made this week:

The children's hats
The hats come in three sizes: adult, 10-year-old, and 3-year-old, and were created with Red Heart Shimmer.  If you haven't had a chance to work with Shimmer yet, I really encourage you to do so.  It's so soft and pretty, plus it drapes beautifully.  It's been perfect for making my slouchy hats, so I jumped at the opportunity to make more for a custom order.

In making these hats, I found this great hat sizing guide.  Instead of telling you how many inches around someone's head is (thus leaving you to figure it out for yourself), this chart tells you how big to make the crown.

I may whip up a few more of these this weekend in preparation for an upcoming craft show.  I now have less than a month to refill all my stock.  I'm not sure how this will be possible, but at least I'll have more items to show you :)  And possibly some new patterns to share, as well.

Have a fantastic weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...