Tuesday, March 20, 2012

finished weekend project - crochet hat

Good morning, everyone!  Today, I wanted to show you a hat I improvised over the weekend.  I'm calling it "The World's Longest Extended Single Crochet Ever":



I'm in the last two weeks of school for this semester, so I've been stressing out over two very large papers, presentations, and you get the drift.  On Sunday, I just wanted to take a break and work on something quick that I could enjoy, but not something mindless enough to get bored of.

I went to my massive pattern library that rarely gets touched and picked up my Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic and Original Patterns for inspiration.  A specific stitch caught my eye, but it's worked back-and-forth.  I altered it to be worked in the round, then added a super long extended crochet between the shells.  I think it came out sort of interesting.

The next time I make one of these, I'll probably add another pattern row for length and maybe another round or two of the edge.  Otherwise, it's kinda cute and I may write up the pattern for working it in the round and adding the extra design elements.

Hope you're all having a great week!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...