Wednesday, October 5, 2011

another knitted headband = sold!

Just wanted to pop in and share with you some photos of the headband I finished over the weekend. It's a custom order I received through my etsy shop.

Knitted Headband with Crochet Flower

Knitted Headband with Crochet Flower

Knitted Headband with Crocheted Flower

I used the Red Heart Designer Sport I talked about in my last haul blog. I really love that yarn for headbands because it's soft (but durable) and it doesn't scratch like crazy. I always tell people I'm not necessarily allergic to wool; it doesn't make me break out in hives or anything. But it does scratch me a lot, and I've received feedback of the same kind from many of my customers. These days, I've stopped using staight-up wool for my custom orders unless it's requested.

Something fun I did for this headband was Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off. You have no idea how unbelievably stretchy it actually is, and it looks great bound off in pattern. I'd been looking for ways to make my bind-off for this headband a little stretchier, and this worked out great. You should definitely try it if you haven't already. I know I'll be using it for many more projects.

If you want to make a headband of your own, the pattern is available for FREE right here on my blog! Click here to go there :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...