Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Neverending Christmas Flower Picspam

If you're not a fan of the red/green color combo, then this post probably won't be your cup of tea!

I don't know about all of you, but I'm still hanging in there with my holiday crafting!  As much as I can, anyway.  I haven't started anyone's crocheted necklace gifts (though I have everything purchased to make them) and I don't think I've so much as looked at my bolero in two weeks.  BUT that will be changing soon.

In the meantime, I recently received my goodies from the flower swap I participated in mid-November.  They came in the mail last week and I was finally able to take photos over the weekend.  Then every time I'd come to update my blog, I'd realize I never uploaded them to Flickr.  I took care of all that last night, so here they are in all their Christmas-themed glory :D

100_2159

100_2160

100_2163

100_2164

100_2165

The flowers in this swap didn't have to be crochet, so I was thrilled to receive the gorgeous ribbon flowers (the last two in the photo series!).  But in reality, they are all stunning, and I was so happy to open the bubble mailer to find these inside.  There are some talented people out there, and I think together we can all appreciate each other because we know the work and love that goes into a handmade item.  So thank you, ladies, for your wonderful flowers!

In keeping with the flower theme, my final custom orderes this season are for Santa Face magnets (okay, not really a flower) and crocheted poinsettia magnets made from crochet thread.  Here's a picture of my works in progress - almost done because I just need to make the leaves!


I say "just have to make the leaves" as if I'll be whipping them up in an hour, but truth be told they take about 20 minutes per leaf.  It's too bad they're so darn cute, though.

Whelp, that's it for me!  Thanks for reading, and I hope all of your holiday crafts are coming along at whatever pace it is you want them to :)  Have a great afternoon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...