Wednesday, December 29, 2010

All I want for Christmas is a crap ton of patterns

Behold, my knit and crochet pattern Christmas haul:

The Crochet/Knitting Stuff I Got for Christmas!

Some of these I received as gifts, and some I bought for myself with some Christmas money on Amazon.  Looks like I'll be keeping myself busy this year.  Or just look at the patterns a bunch, contemplate making them, decide I have no time, and put them on my bookshelf, haha.  We'll see!

Here are the pattern books shown, starting with the front row and working L-R:

Row 1: (wow, this is reading like a knitting pattern already!)
  1. 2011 Knitting Pattern A Day Desk Calendar
  2. 2011 Crochet Pattern A Day Desk Calendar (from mom and dad!)
Row 2:
  1. Cowl Girls: The Neck's Big Thing to Knit
  2. Hattitude: Knits for Every Mood
  3. 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More (from mom and dad!)
  4. Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
Row 3:
  1. The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic & Original Patterns
  2. 400 Knitting Stitches: A Complete Dictionary of Essential Stitch Patterns
  3. Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics (from hubby!)
  4. Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn
My goal is to go through each of these, try a pattern, and write a review.  We'll see how far I get since classes are starting again next week.  But I did start skimming through them last night and there's not a one I think is a dud pattern book (don't you hate when you buy or get a pattern book and there isn't at least one fun thing to make?).  I love almost all of these projects, so I just need to finish up some other commissions before I get started.

Something tells me that any free space I had on my pattern bookshelf won't exist anymore when I go to put these away :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...