Can't knit or crochet? Buy the actual headband in my shop! You can purchase them pre-made, or please allow me to make one in your favorite color :)
The following pattern is based off a headband Whitney from The City wears in an episode. I, for one, have not seen the episode, but someone posted a picture of the headband for another purpose and I kind of loved it.
- Bernat Satin is the yarn pictured. Any medium-weight yarn will do!
- Size 7US 16" circular knitting needles
- Marker or a different colored yarn for marking your round
- CO 84
- Rows 1-7: (k1, p2) around;
- Next 3": k around;
- Last 7 Rows: (k1, p2) around
- BO, weave in ends
- Pattern by Candi Jensen, available here.
(Important - 04.21.2010: Originally, this pattern was only accessible if you logged into the Knit and Crochet Now website; however, it looks like the PDF has been permanently disabled or that there is a long-standing error in the download, and I'm not sure when it will be back up again. If it ever reappears, I will post a notice here! In the meantime, there are many beautiful flower patterns available on Ravelry, one of which I link below).
- I have switched the flower used in my headbands to this lovely Irish Rose pattern, available here. This is the flower pictured above.