Tuesday, August 30, 2011

knit for kids update

I think by now, we all know the type of person I am.  That is, once I get an idea in my head, I want to do it immediately.  My mom blames this on me being a Gemini.

As you saw in my last entry, I've slated knit and crochet charites on my calendar for the next few months (and I'm looking for more, so recommend away)!  These items are going to fill gaps in the other projects I need to complete for about 900 babies, a couple commissions, and of course Christmas presents.  I thought it was about time I did something useful with one of my talents.

Suffice it to say, I'm almost done with my first World Vision Knit for Kids sweater!  It helps that I chose the crochet pattern (I thought it was the cutest of the three knit or crochet options).

P8280151

P8280152

P8280154
Since taking these photos on Sunday - before we lost cable and internet for 1.5 days thanks to Irene - I've completed the front and back panels and seamed them together.  All I need to do now is weave in all those ends.  I might jump off a bridge instead.

The dark blue color is Lion Brand Pound of Love in Denim, and the light blue is Caron Simply Soft in Light Country Blue.  Both colors came from my stash, of which the Pound of Love has been a member since 2006.  I'm so happy I've finally put it to good use, as I hope to do with the rest of my growing yarn collection.

Again, if you'd like to see what charites I'm participating in or if you'd like to join me in my efforts, check out my Facebook events page and RSVP!  I'd love to have you :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...