Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Patriotic Crochet-A-Long!

You can't see me, but I'm doing the just-typed-the-last-word-of-my-second-final-project-and-now-I-just-have-to-format-them happy dance.  You should see it - it's a hoot!

What does that mean?  It means I get more time to indulge in things I like.  Not that I don't like getting my MBA because I do.  Who knew I had a knack for accounting?  Not I.  But it's a lot of work and between two part-time classes and full-time work; I've gone off the deep end a couple times in the past year.

Ergo, I plan to fill my schedule with lots of knitting, crocheting, reading, and scrapbooking.  And of course, participating in my Traveling Scarf group.  But (you know me) I needed to add something else.

Megan over at Crochet Every Day is hosting a Patriotic Crochet-A-Long, and it's such a cute, quick little project that I had to jump in.  We'll be making a set of four star coasters and they're really adorable - and FAST!  I already made two last night.  I may wind up making more than four :)

Before starting, I took a photo of the yarn I'm going to use:

Yarn for CAL - 4th of July Coasters!

It's a mix between Caron Simply Soft (my all-time favorite affordable yarn) and Red Heart Soft Yarn (which is equally as awesome, though hard to find in many colors where I live).  I've had these sitting in my stash forever and I've gotten pertty good at busting said stash instead of buying new yarn lately.

The only requirement is that these coasters need to be made in your country's colors.  I really love the blue I chose because it's not the typical deep blue you see on flags.  I always love a hint of non-traditional colors in everything.

If you want to participate, too, just head on over to Megan's blog and leave a comment with a link to your blog post!  I hope you're all enjoying the first week of Summer and that the humidity isn't killing you like it's killing me here :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...