Friday, June 3, 2011

Oh crap, Friday already? A doily to end the week!

Most people say "Thank God it's Friday," but I have so much going on that every day that passes by, I can't help but think about how little I'm accomplishing.

But I did finally finish that doily I mentioned a few posts back.  My parents recently donated their old kitchen table to us because they upgraded and their old table matched our decor.  It's still a perfectly good, sturdy table, so why throw it out when there are poor newlyweds to donate to?

One thing that bothered me about our last table was how plain it looked, even with a centerpiece.  I'm not sure why I never thought of it earlier, but I decided to try my hand at another doily.  This time, a wee bit more complicated than the last.  And not purple.

P5290090

P5290094

P5290096

I messed up one of the curved sides, and I'm not really sure how.  To be honest, the pattern wasn't very descriptive and I had a difficult time following.  I think it was user error, though, more than than the pattern :)

For my second doily ever, I think I did a good job.  I found it much easier to work with the thread and tiny hook this time around.  I haven't blocked it yet, which is why it's so "lumpy", but I'm hoping someone will buy me some blocking board for my upcoming birthday - ahem ahem - on June 16th.  I'll be waiting patiently.

I hope you all have a great weekend!  Hubby is in Chicago for a bachelor party, so I'll be visiting my parents for the first time in forever.  I look forward to working on my final projects - yay...  But in between, I'll be working on a baby sweater.  I think it'll be super cute; I always love making those.  Happy crafting!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...