Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Help, I'm surrounded by too many crocheted roses!

Welcome to Day 3 of my "catching up on blogging for all the photos I took last weekend because I have had endless projects out the wazoo" series.

Today, I'm sharing some sparkly obnoxiousness for a flower swap I'm participating in.  Everyone in our group had to make two different kinds of flowers and enough for each person.  One of the requirements was that we embellish the flowers in some way, so I sprayed both flowers with fabric glitter and added bling to the blue ones.  Here's a pretty photo:

Flowers for flower swap

This was before I went out and purchased more posterboard to take nice-looking pictures, so I apologize for the fact the turquoise blue isn't burning holes in your retinas as it should be.  I promise, it is much brighter than the photo allows for.  But they still look pretty!  I made them on my flower loom using some new skills I had learned to make a fun "swirl" effect around the center.  You can see this effect better in my next photo:

Daisy loom flowers for swap

The other flowers were some really cute rosettes I made from a Lion Brand pattern.  I really hate making rosettes, so I was thrilled to find a pattern that didn't make we want to rip my hair out.  It's fun, easy, and the results are really cute.  Plus, they give you instructions to make the roses bigger or smaller, depending on what you want, so you really don't need to worry about gauge.  Check them out:

Roses for flower swap

And as thanks to Sonya for hosting this swap, I made her a little thank-you hat featuring one of those adorable rosettes! 

One of the new style hats I've been making

It's one of my latest designs I'll be selling this fall, and I've already made three with more on the way.  I'm even working on some baby ones for a custom order I received earlier in the week.  I already heard back from Sonya, and she loved it!  I'm surprised how quickly it got to her (I mailed it from PA on Saturday and she received it in CA by Monday - how did that happen?!), but I guess it's the little things that make life fun :)

I'll be receiving everyone else's roses over the next few weeks, so I'll keep you posted.  I'm sure you'll be waiting with baited breath, haha, but I'm excited to see what they make!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...