Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hand-Dyed Sock Yarn


I hadn't bought myself a skein of yarn in a really long time. I promise. I randomly found myself in possession of some money (some freelance work I had, plus my birthday that was coming up on the 16th).

Why the fascination with sock yarn? As part of my traveling scarf group, one of the ladies had chosen to do a length-wise scarf in crazy colors of sock yarn. I was able to use some from my stash (amazingly, for never completing a sock, I had a couple skeins of sock yarn), and was surprised at how little I used, and how fun it was to work with on a longer project.

So imagine my glee when I checked my Ravelry's friends' blogs and came across this little gem? It's hand-dyed sock yarn, and the colors are great. I thought that since I enjoyed working with the thinner, soft yarn so much, I'd try to get back into making socks, and buying some new yarn would be the perfect way to do that.

We'll just ignore the fact that when I went to go buy new circular needles for this project (I'm done with DPN's - DONE!) that I bought two skeins of some Red Heart Heart and Sole. And that I picked up some purple crochet thread to make my very first doily. And some bobbins. ACMoore is a money pit.

Anyway, you can buy your own hand-dyed yarn from Lyse Artistic Creations Hand Dyed Yarn.  The specific blog post where she was selling these is located here.  It's very high quality and comes highly recommended by me! And we all know I'm picky :)

Hope you are all having a great week!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...