Monday, July 1, 2013

ocmd beachy yarn haul 2013

Well well well... Here I am after a month of just pure shenanigans.  What's new with me, you ask? I believe the last time we spoke, I was headed to our annual vacation in OCMD with a small group of our friends.  We ate, we drank, we sat on the beach and roasted, we listened to audiobooks (well, I did, anyway), and we are now home.  Le sigh.

As promised, I managed to make my way to Salty Yarns, a craft shop right on the boardwalk.  I've made it my "thing" to go and visit on whatever day happens to be a little rainy.  This year, it was our second day in when the rain came, so I was obviously thrilled to get to my favorite part of the trip almost immediately.

Here's what I walked away with:


Yum!  In case you can't catch the yarn, it's Noro Taiyo Sock Yarn in a pretty variety of colors.  Here's a close-up:


I keep trying to finish a pair of socks, so I've started buying anything that might motivate me.  I can finish one and then I'm like, "Eh, a second one seems so boring."  Hence the purchase of a new sock knitting book.  I guess we'll see what happens; since getting it at the end of May, I have yet to look at it any longer than it takes to snag a photo.  I'll keep you updated :)

Anything else exciting happen so far?  Yes: I did, unfortunately, turn the tender age of 30.  30!!!!  Is that possible?  I still remember turning five.  I'm pretty sure I got one of those balls you could bounce around on - it kind of looked like Saturn.  But at 30, you don't get toys as much as "experiences."  And this year's experience included a Segway tour of Philadelphia.  Aside from one snafu when I got stuck in a gutter and had to pull myself out, I somehow managed not to die... which is why I'm here to tell the tale.

Oh, and one more thing: I got a new job!  If you haven't heard from me in awhile (and most of you haven't), it's because I've been running around like a crazy person - actually enjoying life for a change.  I love what I'm doing and I'm happy with my decision.

Happy Summer to me! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...