Friday, May 18, 2012

custom teddy bear crochet hat progress

If you follow me over on Facebook, then you already know I've been working on some custom baby hats for photo props.  I've done a bunch of these hats here and there, but mostly the munchkin/elf hats you see floating around.

These hats are different for me because a lot of them are character hats - which, until recently, always frighten me because sewing on the parts can often be comparable to light torture. But they were all so cute that I had a hard time deciding which one to start first.

So I chose to make the Hunny Bear bear hat because I thought it would be good practice.  I'm happy to report that I'm almost done - just need to make a little bumble bee to put on his head:



I took a photo before adding his face, and you can see that it would be a cute hat even if it's just plain:

I'm pretty much free-forming the whole thing, but let me know if you'd like a pattern.  I'll add it to my ever-growing list of patterns to write someday when I finally have my MBA and 20 extra hours in my week :)  That day will be glorious!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...