Monday, April 16, 2012

beginnings of a knitted beekeeper's quilt

Monday comes but once again.  Yay.  Can you smell my enthusiasm?  It's always hard to get back in the swing of things when you're coming off a fun weekend that blew by way too quickly.

I finished up a couple projects and I had originally planned to post about one of them this morning.  But I got completely obsessed with making little puffs for the Beekeeper's Quilt.

If you haven't heard of it before, you basically knit little hexagons in the round, stuff them, then sew them together.  The result is that of a really adorable, kind-of-oddly-shaped quilt.  The puffs are super quick knits and perfect for throwing in your purse in case you run into some downtime.

Well, I don't know what came over me, but I decided to purchase the pattern on Saturday night.  I didn't have many pending projects and I wanted to work on something fun for me.  The result was a bunch of little puffs I've already finished.  Here are three of them:


I made the little owl puff as an experiment to see if I'd hate my life by doing double-stitch.  I didn't, and I really love how the owl turned out.  If you'd like the free chart, you can click here.

I'm definitely going to be using more charts on some of the puffs.  I found some cute ones for Super Mario Bros that I plan on whipping out sometimes soon, which has Hubby kind of excited - he actually thinks those are cool.  Plus I'll probably make some flowers here and there or a really cute argyle chart I found.  It's going to be a random mix, but that's half the fun.

If you crochet, you don't have to be left out!  There is a crochet version available here.

Be careful - they're highly addicting!  My goal was to make one a day, every day for a year.  I've made five since Saturday night.  Yikes!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...