Friday, February 25, 2011

Valentine Crochet Flower Swap

Happy Friday!  If you haven't had a chance to visit me on Blogger, make sure you get over here and check out my all-new header.  It's pretty amazing and I'm a little in love with it.  It's so bright and kooky :)

I participated in another flower swap and shipped them out last weekend.  This time, the theme was Valentine's Day, and I'm really pleased with the way they came out:

100_2293

100_2291

100_2289

100_2287

I used new techniques, like crocheting with beads (I guess that's not really a new technique since I've been crocheting jewelry for awhile now).  The patterns were from  the book Nicky Epstein's Crocheted Flowers, and I think they came out super pretty and sparkly.  Look at all that bling!

I'm not sure if you've noticed by my posts yet, but I have a thing for glitter/anything that blinds you in bright sunlight.

So anyway, I'll make another post when I receive my group's flowers.  I'm excited to get them.  I love having all these flowers on display in my craft room.  Because it just wasn't colorful or craft enough :P

Have a great weekend, everyone!  I'll be tackling a tangled hank of yarn to use with my new ball winder.  I've spent about 2.5 hours trying to fix the disaster it's become and I'm about halfway through.  This should be fun stress relief between my homework...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...