Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Long time no blog - here's a necklace and a headband!

Well hello!  It's been awhile.  As you can probably guess, my classes are back in full-swing.  Nothing like coming off a busy holiday month into a busy schoolwork session.  The joys!

Anyway, I'm here to show off a couple projects I've been working on, but definitely not all of them.  I still have a Traveling Scarf to finish, not to mention I made Hubby a hat out of some yarn I let him pick out during our anniversary trip to the Poconos.  That was back in October, and I only got to making it two weeks ago.  "The shoemaker's children have no shoes" kinda thing.

Anyway, here's a necklace I crocheted a friend of mine for Christmas:

100_2236

100_2238

100_2239

We finally did our exchange this past weekend, so I can post photos at long last!  Yeesh.  I think I want to make one of these for myself.  I kind of fell in love with the colors :)

Also, another friend of mine and I are doing an exchange: I'm making her a headband and she's making me one of her necklaces (which are super pretty and way different than mine).  Here's the prototype of the headband I made her:

Prototype for a new headband design :)

I apologize for the awful photo, but it was late at night and I wanted to send her a photo to make sure it's what she wanted!  I made the button hole a wee bit big, which I didn't realize until I had already attached the button, so I may frog everything to get back to that point and fix it.  It just bothers me way too much, haha, but I think overall it looks really cute!  So you can all look forward to a pattern of this soon.

And please, can someone actually hold me accountable for writing out this pattern?  So many times I say I'll write the pattern and just never get around to it.  Feel free to kick me in the behind or send me nastygrams via email or in the comments.

More to come soon!  I hope you're all enjoying the new year.  I'll leave you with this quote we should all start using on our craft projects:

"This ______ is handmade.  If you throw it away, those same hands will make a doll in your likeness and stick pins in its butt."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...