Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Swaps, New Communities, and I Carved a Whacky Pumpkin

First off, a big welcome to all my new readers!  I've recently joined a couple new initiatives and have been getting to know some amazing fellow crafters, so I'm really excited to say that a lot of them have followed me to my little blog :)

One of the groups I joined is a wonderful community called Creating the Hive.  If any of you are into crafting in any way (and it doesn't have to be a full-time gig, or even part-time), then you should go join ASAP!  For those of you who are big into selling on etsy, make sure to check out the other new comminuty I joined: Etsypreneur!  I haven't been as involved as I'd like to be due to time constraints, but I do get over there a few times a week, and I'm sure it'll be a great resource.  But anywho...

As we begin our Halloween weekend, I thought now would be an opportune time to write about a recent themed hat swap I received last week!

Most of you are aware of the swaps I do.  I join a bunch of them and really like not only receiving fun packages, but also sending off packages to everyone else.  My favorites are always those swaps that happen around holidays because it just gets you in the spirit of the season, don'tcha think?

That said, this swap was Halloween themed.  Halloween is only second to Christmas on my list of favorite holidays, so I like to go all out.  And the more decorations, the better!  So imagine the fun I had opening this package to find not only a really cute black slouchy hat (and candy that Hubby got to before I could even look at it), but also these adorable lanterns!

100_2111

Isn't it a cute package?  Oh, and the pencil with extra erasers will become increasingly useful as I progress my way through more and more accounting classes over the coming months.  Believe me: I've been erasing a lot.

So anyway, our neighborhood's trick-or-treat is tonight, and I'm really excited to go home and pass out candy to kids for the first time (it's our first Halloween in a house, and let's face it: you just don't get kids when you live in a locked apartment building densely populated with young 20-somethings).  I've got my skull bucket full of nummies, and a Finance take-home exam to prop my feet up with when it's all over at 8PM.  Don't be jealous of my Fridays!  Then tomorrow is a big Halloween housewarming party that Hubby and I have been busting our tooshies for since September.  I hope it's worth it!

And in case you were wondering just how obsessed with my cat I really am, you should be aware that I carved a pumpkin in his likeness:



Okay, not really.  I'm Alice in Wonderland for Halloween, so I carved a Cheshire Cat.  But it looks a lot like my Chucky, don't you think?


Have a spooktacular and safe weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...