Monday, December 21, 2009

Now that I've recovered from the blinding pain...

I've had so much to update about, but such little ambition, because I'm just such a lucky person that I needed to take ill right before Christmas. You know, when I have a million custom orders coming in from the shop, lots of gifts to finish up (or shop for), wrapping, and the always-important blog update to write.

A couple weeks ago, I developed quite the uncomfortable pain in my mouth. I thought it would go away, but it had other ideas. Turns out that 26-years-old isn't too old to suffer from wisdom tooth hatred. I had never had a problem with them before, and my bottom two teeth have been partially impacted for years with no trouble. Christmas apparently brings out the best in everything.

Suffice it to say, I found out I had this problem last Monday, and went in for emergency extraction last Wednesday, and have been laid up with pain pretty much every day since. Well, it actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but it certainly hasn't been a joy ride. I really thought I could get some crafting done while I sat in bed all day, but I pretty much didn't want to do anything other than laugh at some of the klassy guests on Maury.

Anyway, since the wedding in October, I've had two colds, a foot injury, and four parts of my skull removed. I guess I wanted to end 2009 in style.

On to yarn-related goodness: prior to my imminent death, Nick and I went on a Christmas tour de Bethlehem. We live here and never really get a chance to experience our downtown area or go shopping in the cute little stores, and we don't really know the history, either. So my dad had planned a day in Bethlehem for our family and church back home. We met up with them and spent a day taking in the local sights and overall just enjoying the decorations. It was luckily a really nice day, so we didn't totally freeze. We had a great time, except for the part where my tooth was trying to stab my face off of my face for more of the day.

Of course, I took the opportunity of shopping downtown to visit one of our local yarn stores I hadn't been to before: Tangled Yarns. I'd link to their website but heck - they don't have one. And from what I can gather on Ravelry, they don't want one. If you ladies ever read this, I'd really love to help you out with my graphic design skills!

Nick pretty much wanted to kill himself the whole time, but eventually I found yarn I wanted and could afford to by:



From Ironstone Yarns. I figured it would coordinate really well (notice how I don't say "match" because matching isn't as interesting as coordinating) with my obnoxious fuschia-pink coat I got for 50% off at Old Navy back in November. I'll have to post a photo of the scarf when it's complete, but I'm almost halfway done with it now, using this super easy and quick pattern. I'll be putting it aside to finish up some holiday gifts and whatnot, but it shouldn't take much longer to finish up.

I just read the label for a recommended needle size, then searched that needle size on Ravelry for an appropriate pattern. God bless modern technology.

I had really intended for this update to be much more interesting, but alas.

If I don't get another chance to update before the week is out, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Petey does, too, when he's not destroying all my beautifully wrapped presents:


MERRY CHRISTMAS :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...