Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Want-It Wednesday - Poncho Pattern

Happy Tax Day, everyone! I hope it's everything you ever dreamed of. I was later this year than usual - Nick and I sent in our local taxes this past Friday. Jeez. But... I suppose I'm just happy not standing in line at the post office today!

Now don't you all go clamoring over at once, but I thought I'd write up an about page for my blog. Nothing fancy. I just figured most people visit my blog instead of the main site, being that this is really the only thing I update anymore, haha. I'm even considering switching my domain straight to this blog to save on hosting costs, but for now, I think I like having them separate.

Anyway, so I'm here because I'm in a bit of a pickle, and I've decided to turn it into a new weekly feature: Want-It Wednesday. Every Wednesday, I will post something I really want to make or have that other crafters have made. This week, I freaking want this poncho pattern and don't know if I'm getting it or not.

A couple weeks ago, we had some friends visiting, and my one friend was wearing this hand-crocheted poncho her grandmother (I think) had made (see picture at right, but imagine it in a sparkly brown). It was great, and I searched high and low for the pattern to no success.

So I was ordering yarn online to make a sweater last week when I finally came across the freaking pattern. And you know what? You can only get it free with purchase of Moda Dea® Cheerio™ Yarn. Guess what yarn the place I was ordering from no longer carries? Yeah.

I ordered the pattern anyway, hoping I'd still be able to get it. No red "NO, STOP HERE"'s popped up on my screen, so we'll see if that's the case. The order arrived this morning and I'm dying to get home to see. But if not - does anyone know where else I can get this pattern?

Am I the only person who would obsess over something like this?

4 comments:

Knitlark said...

Glad that the pattern came in. Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I loved the post about the difference between crochet and knitting.

From Celeste (I think you know me as Knitlark on Twitter)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much :D I'm glad you liked it. I tried to make it something understandable, even for though of us he don't knit or crochet - it was harder than I thought!

Thanks again :)

Unknown said...

Hi,

Can u let me know where I can get this pattern...

Hoo I just love it!!!

My email id - sarojasara@gmail.com

Thanks

Unknown said...

I figured I'd post the link here, in case anyone else is interested :)

I was able to get the pattern for free with a purchase of yarn from http://www.herrschners.com/. I'm not sure if they still have it, and I'm actually not sure where I ended up putting this pattern at home, haha. But now I'm back to wanting to make it again, so thanks :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...