Monday, October 27, 2008

Finished Project - Baby Sweater

Baby Sweater 01
Baby Sweater 01,
originally uploaded by jennlikesyarn.
I finally finished my first "big" project since I started knitting again. For those of you who don't know, I both knit and crochet. I learned to knit first, when I was 11 years old, but became obsessed with crocheting once I got to college when all my friends taught me how.

Since joining Ravelry, I've taken a huge interest in knitting again, especially since things like baby sweaters and clothing in general look better when they're knit. This lead to me picking up my needles once again and casting on.

I didn't expect much out of this sweater, since the first and last baby sweater I knitted two years ago took forever to complete and I had to seam every piece together once I was done. I like to call that project "Hell on Earth." I don't mind emroidery or things like that, but I abhore sewing things together (almost as much as weaving in my ends). But this whole sweater was made as one piece on two needles - you couldn't ask for an easier project!

I really love the colors - pink and green. The picture is pretty true to the actual colors. You an also see it's barely bigger than the size of my hand, which makes me think it's too small for even a newborn. So... I'm making another. I've altered the pattern to be 10 stitches wider and it'll be a couple rows longer. We'll see what happens, but I'm also alternating the colors on this one - the main color will be green with the pink as accents.

I can't tell you how quick it is to knit this sweater up, and maybe I'll make a bunch of them for people I know and to sell. I mean, it's just a basic raglan, which until this past week I had no idea was so easy!

More of my friends need to have babies so I can make a ton of these.

For more information on this project, or to download the pattern yourself, click here for the ravelry page..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...