Well here it is: a little guy that I was making as an Easter present for my mom:
Project Description: I posed this pattern on my Facebook page a few weeks ago and mother oh-so-subtly hinted that she'd love it if I could make one for Easter. So I did! I chose the colors that most appear in my parents' house and then added sparkle - of course - with the green accent color.
This was the first time I had ever used safety eyes. Here's the thing: I always wondered why safety eyes were fine on toys given to children. I thought they'd just be easy to tear out and chew on and I guess it's still possible. But my fingers almost fell off trying to get the stupid things in. I love how they look, though, and wouldn't have done it any other way.
PS: I got that amazingly pink feather wreath for 40% off at Michaels. Totally worth the investment.
Yarn Used: I used four yarns to complete this pattern:
- Caron Simply Soft Party - Spring Sparkle
- Loops & Threads Impeccable Heather
- Loops & Threads Impeccable Soft Rose
- I Love This Yarn Ivory
- My world is a little crazy. My mom was admitted to the hospital unexpectedly last week, so I've been trying to help out as much as possible.
- I'm leaving for San Francisco on Friday, so I'm trying to take care of stuff around the house and need to do a crap ton of shopping in preparation.
- Easter was really nice, even though my mom couldn't be there physically. I got lots of candy - how could you go wrong?
Hopefully nobody tricked you yesterday!