Monday, February 25, 2013

the one in which i whine about cabin fever

I don't know what to write about, but feel compelled to update.  So here's a photo of a hat I made for the craft show I went to back in November:


It's my own pattern based off a design I created for a custom order back in the day.  I had always wanted to try the pattern out with hot pink and black, and I think it came out pretty swell.  You can add this pattern to my list of "patterns I've been promising to type up and post for your enjoyment" that grows longer by the week :)

My crafting mojo is still in the toilet. Fun imagery, I know.  I've been drawing and painting a lot more lately, which isn't helping the cause, plus I've been working diligently on the Laera Shawl knit-a-long over at Craftsy.  It's been my TV-watching project while I catch up on ever season of "Merlin" on HuluPlus (Bradley James is apparently my new guilty pleasure).  I hope they get Season 5 soon because I'll be done with the whole series within the next couple weeks.

Otherwise, I have no motivation.  I thought I'd jump all over craft time once I graduated from my MBA program, but I guess I needed an extra long vacation.  My energy is zapped - really, truly zapped.  At least my fascination with craft beer has returned - this has led to some fun nights out.  Then this weekend, we'll be visiting some friends near Baltimore, which should be fun and help battle my cabin fever.  I think that's my problem - I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can sit on our porch and get some sun!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...